News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Stealing Some Thunder (2/7)

Started by Latimeria, February 08, 2019, 06:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

...From the T.N.G.C.   ;D

Steve and I went to see if lightning struck twice in two weeks.  It wasn't near as good as last week, but I managed 4 fish and got a soupie that kicked my ass!

Beautiful sunset to start the evening session as well as small lapping waves.

A little over an hour into the soak and I hear my reel screaming!  Finally I got a screamer and not just a small tug that turned out bigger.  After a good fight, I landed Soupfin #1.

Totally typical soupfin battle. 

68.5"/Male/Mackerel/Incoming   (Click)

Not long after, Steve gets a Big shark hit, but it never stuck.  It did get his bait though.

An hour later and I see my rod jump!  It didn't seem as big at first before it started peeling over 100 yards of line straight out on a blistering run.  I started to think it might be something else, but it just felt like a big Soupie.  This one took a while, but I got lucky and got her in.  I was also trrying a relatively new style of rig I crimped, so was happy to see it was working.

Soupfin #2 (Click)

Big Fat girl!  74"! Incoming/mackerel

I managed two bass afterwards, but that was about it for the sharks.  Steve possibly had a second shark bite, but it wasn't like last week.  It looks like the S.S.K. spot has started us off to a good start of 2019!

Thanks for reading and until next tide!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

I didn't have as much fun as last week.

Clunk.

FISH86R

Hell ya!! I'm hoping for something tomorrow night..

1morecast

What does S.S.K stand for?  ??? (Second Soup Kitchen?)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

xjchad

Nice night!  Congrats on those pretty soupies!

lightline21

vdisney

Quote from: sasquatch on February 08, 2019, 06:13:17 AM
I didn't have as much fun as last week.

Clunk.

Bummer Steve, I was rooting for ya.  Do you guys always use a tail rope?  I tried once and had trouble getting it on, curious. 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch