News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Didn't Get the Boat Out Again (2/10)

Started by Latimeria, February 10, 2019, 04:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

My best bud came over on Friday after work and we did some catching up while eating steaks, lobster, stuffed blue claw crab, bluefin poke, and a bunch of fixin's while putting back a bunch of awesome wines!  I was supposed to go hooping with Shaun on Saturday Night, but after drinking until 5am, I was out of order Saturday and had to pass on the trip.  I couldn't even get the boat ready for Sunday, but saw of some big winds hitting at noon, so it was no big deal.

I just decided to do a quick trip down at the bay.  First place I tried, i saw a boat poaching an area that he wasn't supposed to be.  With a closer look, I'm pretty sure it was Rasta in his boat.  I just worked the shoreline and did pretty well considering it was already pounded.

The blade was great today, but the average size of bass weren't .  Most were 8-10 inches.

I lost a lot more than I caught as the bass were hitting the bigger blade, but I still managed 7 fish.

Big one was only 13 inches or so, but I lost at least 9, so there was some steady action at least.

On the way out, I saw that some familiar faces were showing up at the parking lot.  It was fun catching up with these two old salts!  I didn't hear what they got, but thinking it probably turned into a Backgammon tournament.

Did anyone else fish this weekend?  I keep hearing of trips taken, but never seem to read about any of the particulars.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

Me and pinyofisher got out last night and a big old 157 inch nadafish..

1morecast

Keep chumming the waters for Steve and Tom.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

FISH86R

Haha.. We chummed pretty hard too.. Had a school of keychain Leos just chilling all night in the slick and nothing..

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: 1morecast on February 10, 2019, 06:51:58 PM

Who's side are you on anyways?!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on February 11, 2019, 12:43:13 PM
Quote from: 1morecast on February 10, 2019, 06:51:58 PM

Who's side are you on anyways?!!

Keep the chum churning in the surf!  Steve and I have been mixing up our shark evenings to capitalize on shark action lately!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

I might have to poach the Tuesday night session since rain is forecast for Thursday.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

spideyjg

Quote from: 1morecast on February 11, 2019, 03:41:02 PM
I might have to poach the Tuesday night session since rain is forecast for Thursday.

Valentines day also. You go tell your wife you are gonna fish on V day.

Jim

sasquatch

Quote from: spideyjg on February 11, 2019, 04:16:19 PM

Jim

What's wrong with that?

xjchad

Quote from: sasquatch on February 11, 2019, 05:36:21 PM

Jim

What's wrong with that?

Last years Bat Fight was on our anniversary...

sasquatch

Quote from: xjchad on February 12, 2019, 07:35:56 AM

Jim

What's wrong with that?

Last years Bat Fight was on our anniversary...

Valentine's, Birthday, Anniversary, no problem. I don't mess with Christmas Eve dinner and I stay home for safety on New Years Eve.
I get in more trouble for not fishing on a Tuesday.

vdisney

Jim

What's wrong with that?

MY KIND OF MAN  ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect