News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Nada from De Anza Cove

Started by BenCantrell, February 18, 2019, 08:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

Caught fresh macks from Shelter Island Saturday night. They were on the very small side.  Sunday had lines in the water at 5:30am at De Anza before the 6.8 ft high at 7:00am.  Three of my buddies joined, and we had nine rods out all together.  Mackerel, squid, and shrimp were all used, but we didn't get any bites. Packed up around 8:15am.

Pinoyfisher

Oh my! There really wasn't anything there!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Those bats have gone MIA.  Maybe all of the GW's are snacking on them?  Or PF is catching them all and using them for bait.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

Yeah I had high hopes for some bat rays.  I know the water was cold, but they usually feed fine through the winter, and with the tide being over 6 ft seemed like great conditions.

spideyjg

With all the rain lots of fresh water has come in, the salinity has dropped, and the bats fled.

Or all that dredging has changed MB and they found another area.

vdisney

Quote from: BenCantrell on February 18, 2019, 08:35:03 AMThree of my buddies joined, and we had nine rods out all together

Holy Moly..................9 lines out?  With that many rods out I'd pray the bats weren't biting.  It could have ended up looking like the proverbial Chinese Fire Drill   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: spideyjg on February 18, 2019, 12:24:16 PM
With all the rain lots of fresh water has come in, the salinity has dropped, and the bats fled.

I agree with this theory.

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on February 19, 2019, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: spideyjg on February 18, 2019, 12:24:16 PM

I agree with this theory.

Where's My Beer is alive and well!!!!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.