News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Shaking the Rust Off (3/16)

Started by Latimeria, March 17, 2019, 11:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

It's been a while since I took the boat out.  I noticed that I'm having some steering issues lately, so need to look into that matter.

Otherwise, it was a good day, but not great.  No macks anywhere to be found when i heard they were everywhere the day before.  Steve and I caught a few dozen assorted rockfish on megabaits as well as calico and sand bass.

Even caught my first Shlongfish in a while.

We had treefish, gophers, vermillion, Olive, Bank and calico rockfish as well as a handful of calico and sand bass.

I switched up baits to play around a bit with a 6oz lead head I poured and painted on a 10" grub.  Total lingcod bait....  or apparently whitefish bait!?!?  How in the hell did he do that????

Then we made a move and I experimented bass fishing with the big grub and wanted to send Chris pics of the spotlock.  It's become too funny to lighten up now.  LOL

I caught 3 big sandies and a cali before calling it the day.  Last thing I expected was to have the sandies so aggressively smash that huge bait!

Both 4# class fish on the 10" grub!

and another...

Well, it was a decent day.  Not great, but just felt good to be off Terra Firma.

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

You were killing it later in the day. I think i did better without the spot lock.

Great day to be on the water.

vdisney

Glad you guys got out, being on the water is good for the soul   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect