News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Pre-Storm Fishing

Started by 1morecast, March 19, 2019, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1morecast

So it's suppose to rain on my normal Thursday night fishing day, so I got out yesterday to see if I could find some grinners. The high was scheduled for 9pm, so I wanted to to give it a go at sunset (7pm). I arrived to find small waves and nice conditions. Small amounts of eel grass but very fishable. Baits were getting nibbled at all night during the incoming tide. Got a good cast and beat the skunk with a 17inch Calico.

The bites died down on the outgoing tide so I called it around 11pm. Weird, that this spring has been so slow. Hopefully, I can get one soon. I was able to find a decent bite of Macs at shelter island pier last week on the incoming tide. Just have to find some grinners willing to play. >:(
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

It has definitely been a slow start for us! We'll get into them soon.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Just passing the time waiting for sunset. Shrimp tacos and a couple cold beers. Maybe shoot a couple racks on the pool table.

Water looks clean, but the set waves might be interesting if I hook something. Hopefully Tom will drag himself down later.

Let you guys know how I do.

lightline21

Quote from: 1morecast on March 19, 2019, 01:24:55 PM
So it's suppose to rain on my normal Thursday night fishing day, so I got out yesterday to see if I could find some grinners. The high was scheduled for 9pm, so I wanted to to give it a go at sunset (7pm). I arrived to find small waves and nice conditions. Small amounts of eel grass but very fishable. Baits were getting nibbled at all night during the incoming tide. Got a good cast and beat the skunk with a 17inch Calico.

The bites died down on the outgoing tide so I called it around 11pm. Weird, that this spring has been so slow. Hopefully, I can get one soon. I was able to find a decent bite of Macs at shelter island pier last week on the incoming tide. Just have to find some grinners willing to play. >:(

Nice job, Binh!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: sasquatch on March 19, 2019, 04:20:20 PM
Just passing the time waiting for sunset. Shrimp tacos and a couple cold beers. Maybe shoot a couple racks on the pool table.

Water looks clean, but the set waves might be interesting if I hook something. Hopefully Tom will drag himself down later.

Let you guys know how I do.

Shrimp tacos?!! Yum!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Nice bass Binh!  I was wondering if you have been getting out.  It's that time of year that the shark numbers should be increasing!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

You got out and got a line wet, that certainly beats my last few weeks   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

I have been putting time on the sand, but not getting the grinners tho.  >:(

Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

Quote from: 1morecast on March 20, 2019, 08:33:01 AM

You're only 2 away!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Quote from: Latimeria on March 25, 2019, 05:45:15 AM

You're only 2 away!

Based on my progress as of late, it's gonna take me to 2020 to get to twenty.  >:(
Maybe someone should drop me a PM on the location of SSK?  ;D
Twenty Three (23)

Sharkinthedark II

Quote from: 1morecast on March 25, 2019, 08:44:42 AM

You're only 2 away!

Based on my progress as of late, it's gonna take me to 2020 to get to twenty.  >:(

Sharkinthedark II

Quote from: 1morecast on March 25, 2019, 08:44:42 AM

You're only 2 away!

I ruled out one spot Saturday night... total skunkage :(

1morecast

We should all compare notes, so we can find the mythical SSK. Or Josh can do us all a favor and track Tom and Steve down.  ;D

I think it would be really funny if SSK was just SK the whole time.  ;)
Twenty Three (23)

sasquatch

Quote from: 1morecast on March 25, 2019, 02:06:59 PM
I think it would be really funny if SSK was just SK the whole time.  ;)

;)