News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Poaching

Started by Chris, April 02, 2019, 11:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I've decided I'm going to go poach someone's spot tonight (actually it was originally my spot). I'll be casting chunks and sliding some larger baits. Be on the sand around sunset, hopefully well
Before but traffic will probably suck.
Keep it tight

sasquatch

Just decided to skip tonight. It's my turn for the sickness going through our house.

Not much point to arriving there too early, surfer wise.

Chris

Quote from: sasquatch on April 02, 2019, 12:53:50 PM
Just decided to skip tonight. It's my turn for the sickness going through our house.

Not much point to arriving there too early, surfer wise.

I just like to get a feel for the kelp and structure before I set a slide line. Daylight helps and I haven't been to this stretch of beach since last year.
Keep it tight

sasquatch

Definitely easier to check things out.

Latimeria

I'd totally be there, but have a new 6' tall retaining wall going up and I'm on dad duty while the wife's out of town.
You are right in the hot spot....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

Quote from: Latimeria on April 02, 2019, 06:23:19 PM
I'd totally be there, but have a new 6' tall retaining wall going up and I'm on dad duty while the wife's out of town.
You are right in the hot spot....

Seems dead to me. Small critters tearing up squid that's it.
Keep it tight