News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Small female

Started by Chris, April 02, 2019, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

171cm female soupfin landed at 9pm.

Conditions were good but could have been better. Lots of breakers and washing machine up close. Very few clumps of kelp but had some eel grass stuck on a few casts. Got 3 decent hits, one stuck. It was the only one that actually pulled, the others came tight and charged the beach and both times I didn't feel pressure until I was right at the shore and came up with an empty hook.

Met a younger Marine at the tackle shop before heading out and he was asking the owner about leopards, I told him he could come with me and if show him how and try to get some. Unfortunately no leopards but he did take some pics of the soupfin and we might be going out Thursday.

Keep it tight

Chris

Pics are huge on my end. Not a fan of imgur
Keep it tight

sasquatch

I use imgur, select "huge thumbnail" for picture size. From desktop anyway, never tried from phone.

vdisney

Like Steve said, where it says "sizes" select large thumbnail before you copy and it will come out like this:

Congrats on the soupfin, we're gonna give it a go Friday evening.  No idea where you're fishing, but I'd freeze in shorts    :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on April 03, 2019, 05:44:39 AM
Like Steve said, where it says "sizes" select huge thumbnail before you copy and it will come out like this:

Congrats on the soupfin, we're gonna give it a go Friday evening.  No idea where you're fishing, but I'd freeze in shorts    :o

Awesome!  Chris has more sharks this year than the Thursday Night Grinner Crew put together! lol

Nice going Chris.  I'll add that to the list!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Sharkinthedark II

Hey, 171cm puts  it right about 70"...that's a good fish in my book 8)

lightline21

Chris

Quote from: Sharkinthedark II on April 03, 2019, 07:51:16 AM
Hey, 171cm puts  it right about 70"...that's a good fish in my book 8)

Just over 67", it's the smallest on the board
Keep it tight

Chris

Quote from: Latimeria on April 03, 2019, 07:36:33 AM

Awesome!  Chris has more sharks this year than the Thursday Night Grinner Crew put together! lol

Mike said that my original hole was dead for them since last year so I moved on foot and found a hole that looked semi fishy. Cast out my 9ft pully rig (got a little carried away making it) with a small chunk of Mack the 5oz weight could carry and my reel backlashed about half way where I wanted to land. I said screw it since I was in deep water between waves and it worked. We had 4 bites total in that hole.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on April 03, 2019, 03:36:00 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on April 03, 2019, 07:36:33 AM

Mike said that my original hole was dead for them since last year so I moved on foot and found a hole that looked semi fishy. Cast out my 9ft pully rig (got a little carried away making it) with a small chunk of Mack the 5oz weight could carry and my reel backlashed about half way where I wanted to land. I said screw it since I was in deep water between waves and it worked. We had 4 bites total in that hole.
It's been hit or miss, but your exact spot has been filled in by a lot of sand they were pumping.   Not far is a deep spot that has been producing though.  I'm wondering if you were there.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

lightline21