News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Solo Saturday 7/26/2014

Started by sasquatch, July 26, 2014, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Set out this morning for a local spot that has been productive on the low tide. Today's minus tide at 4 AM seemed to be the call for this particular beach. I tried to get Tom to come along, but he was too busy. At 530 AM? Whatever.

Halfway to the beach I realized I forgot my phone. Kinda smiled to myself, expecting something nice, since I would not be able to get a pic to remember it by.

So, I get the big gear set up, baited with a frozen perch head, grab some crabs and start to try to get some perch for bait. No sooner did I hook a perch than I get bit on the long rod. First cast for both rods and they both get bit. Talk about first cast curse. Double.

Turns out to be a nice leo, maybe 4 1/2 feet. Cool. bait up with the whole perch I just got, not my usual procedure but I didn't want to walk over to get my knife. This proved to be a mistake as I got a big hit and it dropped off before I got to the rod. I blamed it on the hook not getting into the fish.

Rebait, cast out and I am bit again in minutes. This one sticks. Cool, 2/3. I'm happy. Then another missed bite. Dang 2/4. Average is dropping. But, its not even 630 yet so I'm still happy.

Time passes and I'm bit and get another in, 3/5, then another successful catch, 4/6. Dang, it is a good day today.

I kept getting bit every half hour or so, some stick, some don't. The biggest problem is getting to the rod in time when I get bit catching bait. Going to have to go back to my old system.

Eventually, I am 6/9, then miss the next two bites, making me 6/11. I packed up and left before I dropped below 50%. Then I went home and grabbed my phone to take a few selfies;)

Latimeria

Well done sasquatch... even if you only have stock photos to show for it.  That was a hell of a lot better than we did in the boat today.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

I'm just happy we didn't get vaporized.

Latimeria

Me too.  After reading some reports, we were in a tougher situation than we imagined.

BTW, I'm thinking Josh joined this forum, but is being a lurker here also (Right Josh?)  Zero posts?  Content Boss.... Content!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Yeah, the whole Venice thing. Jay was next to a phone pole that got hit. Reiner got knocked out standing on the wet sand. Way to close.