News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

TNGC solo outing (04APR2019)

Started by Pinoyfisher, April 09, 2019, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Soaked a mack head for a solid hour before changing baits. I tossed the head into the water, it was pristine. Was hoping a big'ol center chunk would illicit a bite. That one also soaked for an hour for naught. Was texting back and forth with Chris throughout the night and let him know I was done and ready to head home. Tossed out the last section from the mack and turned my back to start packing up my gear. Within 10mins of the soak, I get a 7gill style bite. I ignored it as I was getting those all night, but they weren't true bites, just the surf and current acting super turbulent and confused. Picked up my rod to reel in the slack and I see big splash in the distance. My line comes tight and it's game on! Several hard runs going north and south let me know it was a soupfin. It has been so long since I've had one on, I forgot how fun they are. Surf and the surge was up, so it actually helped me land it as a big wave rushed in and pushed it up onto dry land.  Took a couple quick pictures and pulled the hook. She swam off strong. Hung out until 1am for nothing else. Almost fell asleep on the beach in my comfy beach chair I recently found.

70"
female
1hr into the outgoing

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

I was starting to think you didn't actually catch one!  Well done Mike!  I should have hit this surf window, but now it's too late.  Things just got nasty out there.

Congrats Mr 31!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Good for you Mike, your patience paid off   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

Quote from: Latimeria on April 09, 2019, 03:55:38 PM
I was starting to think you didn't actually catch one!  Well done Mike!  I should have hit this surf window, but now it's too late.  Things just got nasty out there.

Congrats Mr 31!

I took the rest of the week off. Fishing conditions went to hell.  >:(

Has happened every time the last few go arounds.

Chris

Finally! I was wondering if you'd post it. Lol. Good job man! Those solo landings suck.

Idk what you guys are talking about, bad conditions... they're still chewing.
Keep it tight

FISH86R

Sick man!! I need to get back out there again soon..

lightline21

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 09, 2019, 02:19:25 PM
Soaked a mack head for a solid hour before changing baits. I tossed the head into the water, it was pristine. Was hoping a big'ol center chunk would illicit a bite. That one also soaked for an hour for naught. Was texting back and forth with Chris throughout the night and let him know I was done and ready to head home. Tossed out the last section from the mack and turned my back to start packing up my gear. Within 10mins of the soak, I get a 7gill style bite. I ignored it as I was getting those all night, but they weren't true bites, just the surf and current acting super turbulent and confused. Picked up my rod to reel in the slack and I see big splash in the distance. My line comes tight and it's game on! Several hard runs going north and south let me know it was a soupfin. It has been so long since I've had one on, I forgot how fun they are. Surf and the surge was up, so it actually helped me land it as a big wave rushed in and pushed it up onto dry land.  Took a couple quick pictures and pulled the hook. She swam off strong. Hung out until 1am for nothing else. Almost fell asleep on the beach in my comfy beach chair I recently found.

70"
female
1hr into the outgoing

Congrats, Mike! You used the chair! Ha Ha Ha

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

Congrats Mike! I knew you would get one while I was gone.;) I'm on spring break next week so I hope to wet a line. Saw a Blue Footed Bobbie today.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: 1morecast on April 10, 2019, 09:18:45 PM
Congrats Mike! I knew you would get one while I was gone.;) I'm on spring break next week so I hope to wet a line. Saw a Blue Footed Bobbie today.

Boobies are the best!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 10, 2019, 09:44:31 PM

Boobies are the best!!

That's for sure. Doesn't even matter what color the feet are.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: sasquatch on April 10, 2019, 09:46:20 PM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 10, 2019, 09:44:31 PM

Boobies are the best!!

That's for sure. Doesn't even matter what color the feet are.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)