News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Does size matter

Started by lightline21, May 09, 2019, 12:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightline21

Does size really matter, I got a chance to get out yesterday and fish with Chad, his dad, and one of Chad's co-workers?  I was able to land a 65-inch 7 Gill. So far, this season, I have caught two 7's under 70-inches does size really matter?

Latimeria

Usually size does matter, except for the P-Soul shark list!  hahahahaha

Nice one Andre!  Congrats!

Did Chad or the other guys get any bites?  Was there any other type of bites from different critters?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

You are on a pretty good streak these days.

I would honestly be stoked to catch a 3 footer.

vdisney

I've said it before and I'll say it again Andre............"STOKED FOR YOU".  Hopefully my father can see one in person tomorrow, he's starting to think I 'lifted' the shark pictures off the internet    ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Quote from: vdisney on May 09, 2019, 03:12:56 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again Andre............"STOKED FOR YOU".  Hopefully my father can see one in person tomorrow, he's starting to think I 'lifted' the shark pictures off the internet    ;D

Good luck Verne.

itsyaboysears

Still about the same size as my first one..  :-\

Donfish

I've gotten a couple shorter ones but they were chunky

BenCantrell

Given how often we skunk out, I'd be happy with them at any size! Nice fish Andre.

lightline21

Quote from: Latimeria on May 09, 2019, 01:24:29 PM
Usually size does matter, except for the P-Soul shark list!  hahahahaha

Nice one Andre!  Congrats!

Did Chad or the other guys get any bites?  Was there any other type of bites from different critters?

There were a few critter bites. Chad's co-worker got hit by a calico and lost it in the surf. Chad and his dad, their bait was getting chewed.

lightline21

Quote from: sasquatch on May 09, 2019, 02:14:56 PM

Thanks! I'm still hoping for a Soupfin! I need to get some tips from you and Tom!  ;)

lightline21

Quote from: vdisney on May 09, 2019, 03:12:56 PM

Thanks, Vern! Now that your Dad has his license, I want to be there when he lands one.

lightline21

lightline21

Quote from: Donfish on May 09, 2019, 06:02:56 PM
I've gotten a couple shorter ones but they were chunky

Really, wow!

lightline21

Quote from: BenCantrell on May 10, 2019, 07:50:40 AM
Given how often we skunk out, I'd be happy with them at any size! Nice fish Andre.

Thanks, Ben! I trade you that 7 Gill for your Soupfin! ;)

sasquatch

Quote from: lightline21 on May 10, 2019, 10:23:31 AM
Quote from: sasquatch on May 09, 2019, 02:14:56 PM

Thanks! I'm still hoping for a Soupfin! I need to get some tips from you and Tom!  ;)

Best tip I can give you is just keep fishing. It will happen.