News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Haywire twist?

Started by spideyjg, July 08, 2019, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Got my tackle suggestion list for Guyana.  Says catfish/Arapima rigs should be black swivel and 130 lb solid wire tied with haywire twist.

First I heard of that but seems easier than crimps

sasquatch

I think crimps are easier, but they don't work in single strand wire. At least I don't think so.

You will be saving the weight of the crimp tool if you need to make additional rigs also.

Chris

It's really easy, I've forgone crimps on all my rigs (except casted) with cable and single strand. Learning to back braid and haywire is a must if you use wire often.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Man, you are going to have some fun!  Are you going down using Steve Yatomi from Adventure Travel Alliance?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Quote from: Latimeria on July 09, 2019, 06:04:44 AM
Man, you are going to have some fun!  Are you going down using Steve Yatomi from Adventure Travel Alliance?

Nope these guys..

https://www.amazon-angler.com/jaguar-explorer-camp/4592339397

xjchad

Quote from: Chris on July 08, 2019, 11:14:59 AM
It's really easy, I've forgone crimps on all my rigs (except casted) with cable and single strand. Learning to back braid and haywire is a must if you use wire often.

You've got a lot of cool tricks up your sleeves Chris.  Wish you'd post some DIY threads in the Rigs section  ;)

Chris

Quote from: xjchad on July 09, 2019, 09:36:00 AM

You've got a lot of cool tricks up your sleeves Chris.  Wish you'd post some DIY threads in the Rigs section  ;)

I might. I'll be sure to make a video and point it down at my hairy feet the whole time. But it's all available on YouTube
Keep it tight

Chris

Keep it tight

Chris

Haywire

https://youtu.be/IVGPcozW2aI

Knowing how to do these makes it easy to rig in the dark and travel light.
Keep it tight

xjchad

Eric H

I've taught him quite a bit

sasquatch

Quote from: Eric H on July 11, 2019, 08:07:10 PM

I've taught him quite a bit

That got a laugh out of me.