News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Full Day on the SD (10JUL2019)

Started by Pinoyfisher, July 11, 2019, 12:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Called in sick after seeing the yellows were on the verge of going off at the 'nados. Joined 44 other hopeful anglers looking for a big pay day. I'm glad I went!! Large schools of roving yellows were on the prowl and hungry. The bait guys did really well, but the casualties were on the high end for them. I and about a dozen others stayed mid-ship or on the bow armed with long rods and surface plugs. I went 5 for 8 and some spunky 10-12lb yellowtail. Others did really getting double Mexican limits. I had a blast! The barracuda were also out in force, sometimes overtaking the yellows. We actually had to drive away from them 2X. I kept 2 for grinner bait and even scored some HEFTY macks for the Fall grinner season. 

The infamous Pacifica

Just a portion of our haul

Not much time for picture taking. Our count total was 156 YT, 17 Barracuda, and a lone calico. I know if we kept all the legal 'cudas that were caught, we'd have well over 100 of them. I released about 25 myself. I'm feeling much better now...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Damn!  That's a 'Yellertail Haul' !!!!

Nicely done Mike!  I hope they make the move up to LJ soon!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Eric H

Damn that's one hell of a trip.
I'll be on my buddies boat at Catalina tomorrow.

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Chris

Were the cuda legal size? I need to get on a boatthats getting into bones and cuda lol.ill keep everyone trash fish.
Keep it tight