News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Specialty Surf Shark List (Updated 7/10/23)

Started by Latimeria, February 18, 2015, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

I'll update it this week.  Hopefully I have a few more to add to my list this week.  :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Pinoyfisher

Update needed. Binh is climbing the leader board! Dre is about to pass Josh...  ;) ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on November 28, 2017, 12:33:01 PM
Update needed. Binh is climbing the leader board! Dre is about to pass Josh...  ;) ;)
I lost photoshop again. I have to figure out a plan B to update it to post.

BackBayMan

Quote from: Latimeria on November 28, 2017, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on November 28, 2017, 12:33:01 PM
I lost photoshop again. I have to figure out a plan B to update it to post.

I have PhotoShop ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on April 16, 2016, 01:00:06 AM
I updated the list again and may I say that it is growing!  That's some serious sharking going on as the records will attest to.

BTW, I am looking into a grant through a non-profit group to see if we could get a tagging program going for surf based sharks off of California's Coast.  This group consists of many members from the SD Zoological Society who usually work on species reintroductions, but are very interested in my initial pitch for a tagging program for them.  I'm meeting with the president in a few weeks to discuss options and then hopefully initiate the steps required to get this off the ground.   8)

Anything happen with this?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on December 11, 2017, 02:03:15 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on April 16, 2016, 01:00:06 AM
I updated the list again and may I say that it is growing!  That's some serious sharking going on as the records will attest to.

BTW, I am looking into a grant through a non-profit group to see if we could get a tagging program going for surf based sharks off of California's Coast.  This group consists of many members from the SD Zoological Society who usually work on species reintroductions, but are very interested in my initial pitch for a tagging program for them.  I'm meeting with the president in a few weeks to discuss options and then hopefully initiate the steps required to get this off the ground.   8)

Anything happen with this?

Isn't there a NOAA tagging program too?
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

Please forgive the 2017 appearance, but I'm using a free "Photoshop" knockoff program and it is no where near as easy to operate.  I'll get better at it as time goes on... or have to get an official copy of Photoshop...

Latimeria

Has anyone in the top 6 people caught a grinner since December 6th???  I was going to update mine, but just saw the date....  I'll update the list after I get through all of my unemployment BS.

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

Quote from: 1morecast on February 01, 2018, 06:56:17 PM
I hope to have one tonight!
I see you set up already. I'm keeping a low profile. 🐢🐢

Pinoyfisher

Ever garner any interest in a tagging program? 
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on February 08, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

I write my name on the left pectoral with a sharpie.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: sasquatch on February 08, 2018, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on February 08, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

I write my name on the left pectoral with a sharpie.

Lol! You're quite witty sometimes!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)