News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Gave it the Old College Try

Started by vdisney, December 04, 2019, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

Tony, my father, Jeremy and myself met up for a early morning session.  Surf was manageable and was almost completely grass free, but the downhill current was brutal.  I got one solid take that bit off the 1/2 mackerel off just shy of the hook (using half of a small mackerel).  Except for that not a bump for us, but did get a visit from the warden...................good to see him out checking.  Until the next time, Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Pinoyfisher

You guys always seem to have good surf conditions up there compared to us San Diegans!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on December 04, 2019, 11:45:55 AM
You guys always seem to have good surf conditions up there compared to us San Diegans!

I think the angle of the coast line and the Channel Islands help to keep it down a bit.

jrodda

Good seeing you Verne, and good meeting your posse. It was a fair try.

Quote from: xjchad on December 04, 2019, 11:49:10 AM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on December 04, 2019, 11:45:55 AM

I think the angle of the coast line and the Channel Islands help to keep it down a bit.

X2

For some  areas it's so calm it's not enough happening to keep perch and other critters satisfied. The storms are getting around the islands just enough to whip up 2-3ft surf right now.

Latimeria

At least you got out....

I'm hoping for a "White" Christmas down here.  My buddy's friend was surfing last week and a 7' GWS swam around him and his board, but he stayed out there and surfed while everyone else paddled in.  Said he's Hawaiian and that sharks and Hawaiian's have a prehistoric bond....  so stupid, but he didn't get eaten.  No thank you.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.