News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Chasing Gold (1/18)

Started by Latimeria, January 20, 2020, 08:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Finally got out hoping to catch some bass and hunt for halibut.  Morning started off wonderful and I was back in my happy place.

I saw tons of birds out there and chased them to just find tons of small dolphin raiding the meat balls of bait.  I was just about to switch up to go with my original plan when I saw some big yellows shooting through the water!  I was throwing the big YoZuri Hydro minnow when all of a sudden, I almost had the rod yanked out of my hand.  It was only a 2 second burst of drag running out when it finally pulled the hook.

I chased those f@ckers the following next few hours before I decided to call it quits and just look for some bass.  Bass fishing wasn't fast and furious, but it was steady action of calico and sand bass. 

I started with a big Sandy.

I caught 14 Calico, but nothing bigger than 14.5".

I moved around and kept a steady amount of bass coming over the rails.  I even got a double header of Sand Bass while having a swimbait hanging over the side while I was fighting one.  Both were grumpy S.O.B's!

I had a party to get too, so I called it quits after a half day.  Considering I went off script to chase yellows that I didn't realize were still around, I had some decent bass fishing.

Thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Argh.
You finally have some time to get out and now I'm too busy.
Oh well. One of these days the stars will align.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on January 20, 2020, 08:01:54 AMI almost had the rod yanked out of my hand.  It was only a 2 second burst of drag running out when it finally pulled the hook.

I chased those f@ckers the following next few hours before I decided to call it quits

That would have kept me going for another few hours myself Tom..........surprised they're still around
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Exciting stuff, one big grab on the reaction lure and you're off and away for hours. I know the feeling  ::)