News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Solo Sesh (08FEB2020)

Started by Pinoyfisher, February 09, 2020, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Got ok to fish early Saturday. On the sand by 4:30pm!! Brought a perch rod along to occupy my time as I was expecting it to be slow or maybe even a dead night for grinners with the cold front moving in.

As I expected, the bullet tuna on my long rod sat quietly the whole night. Glad I brought the perch rod and some shrimp. Had bites on just about every bait. 4 leopard sharks up to 20+ inches, a spoof-fin, 4 yellowfin croaker, and 7 surf perch. Kept the perch (1 preggo released) and yfc for the fryer and for future grinner bait. Perch rod saved my night.

It's gotta turn on soon...

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on February 09, 2020, 11:47:45 PM
It's gotta turn on soon...

I'll let you know in a couple days.................gonna give it a go.  We've been hitting a new area where we used to fish for leos years ago  ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Great idea to get some perch for bait since there isn't a single mackerel in the entire ocean right now!  I've been even keeping Blacksmith Perch since there is no bait to catch and $3 a pop for mack would break the bank... (Just to lose to critter bites)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Bear1013

Nice work on perch rod I wore the stripe Saturday night, unlike you I forgot my critter rod leaning against my work bench. Things should start picking up here towards the end of the month.  Tight lines to you
Bear6813