News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

I'm Going to Take Up Golf Also (2/26)

Started by Latimeria, February 27, 2020, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I went sharking with Chris (Pierfisher) last night as he's in pursuit of sevengills.  I got to the beach about 20 minutes before Chris and on my first cast, get bit!  I totally missed it as it made the rod dip once and then the line went slack.  I gave it the 5 minute rule and nothing happened, so re-baited.  Chris shows up and I tell him I already had a bite so things are looking good.
Chris literally didn't get a cast out when my rod doubles over and starts screaming out!  Fish on!  I brought my heavier gear to make sure I didn't bust off.  I got a nice Soupfin 10 feet from Chris's hand and POP!  The drag was set a little tighter than I usually fish, but it found a stupid rock that it bumped into and the 100# shock leader had no chance.  The line wasn't abraded and the cut was clean, so that's the only thing I could think of.  Damn it.... All of this by 7:00pm!

Next 1.5 hours rolls by and nothing but bait stealers.  Then the tide started to fill and I miss a nice bite.  New bait out and bam, I'm on!  Definite Sevengill slapping around out there.  I get it probably 10 yards from the beach and Chris is ready with the tail rope, when the hook pulls... WTF!?!?  This was on a big 12/0 Gamakatsu Big River hook also!  Now I'm depressed.

We chat a bit more and I'm bit again, but it runs towards me.  Then Chris is bit, but we realize it was my shark running over his line and I lost it anyway.  The only thing that made me smile was when Chris muttered, "So now I know how Steve feels ".

Chris then had to pack it in by 9:45 as he had some crazy survival training early the next morning which I'm sure would have killed me if I were doing it.  The tide was getting close to be filled, but I was in no shape to handle a shark solo with my bum shoulder, so packed it in with him.

Good fishing with you Chris.  I'm starting to think you are casting too far.  hahaha

Basically I was 0-2 or 0-6 if I really want to think I was kicked in the balls.  I'm starting to overthink all of my actions and might just have to act like I don't know what I'm doing to actually catch one again.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

jrodda

I haven't had a bite of the right kind in months so at least you're on to them. But those tackle failures would send anybody through the roof.

sasquatch

I don't always feel that way, but there are times.

vdisney

Bummed for you Tom............but more bummed for me lately   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Greenshark

Let's go out! Maybe you could use some of my beginners luck  😉

KogaHead

Cry me a river you wienie.

You have "Steved" me numerous times.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on April 01, 2020, 07:31:52 AM
Cry me a river you wienie.

You have "Steved" me numerous times.
Wow!  A Koga sighting!

It's good seeing you on here you rainbow mustache bastard! :D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

Fishing canals out here in AZ.

Pretty good fishing.

LMBs, yellow bass, strippers.

Good to hear from you you Bastid!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)