News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Grinner Gathering

Started by Latimeria, February 28, 2020, 06:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So, I've toyed with the idea of having a springtime Grinner Gathering in the SNBF style of play.  The issue is the surf conditions and the salad bowl that usually forms the minute I pick a date.

I want to propose this.... 

A 2-Day event will be planned in April or May.  Both months are right in the heart of the shark season, but I will watch forecasts and when I see a trend showing up of small surf and good tides, I'll make the announcement of the 48 hour tournament.  Thus in actuality, it can be called in effect a week out.  No one has to get together, but they still have to measure the shark with a measuring device and show proof of the said measuring device.  It'll be a 2-day window so someone can fish overnight or fish a second day.  Maybe make it into a 3-day event...  I don't know, but I'm just spitting ideas out there.  I'll come up with some artwork for swag on the web-store since I don't have to vectorize my art for them and they do all the work for me so I'm not working 3-4 days behind a computer converting it to screen prints.

Just an idea that I'm spit balling.  Any thoughts?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

You'll get more guys fishing if you shared some of your hot spots with us!  ;D j/k

The last few gatherings have been plagued with weedy conditions, but it's cool to meet up with people from the board. I think the grinner gathering as more of a reason to get together rather than a competition. So, it doesn't matter if it's a one day or two day affair to me. I do remember back when there were actually sharks in the surf that I caught one during the first grinner gathering.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

jrodda

2 days does sound nice for the sake of competition and getting more grinners on the board, and if people could make it to 2 straight nights, we could bond quite a bit over being overly obsessed nut jobs, which is kind of  a heart warming thought.

Chris

Quote from: 1morecast on February 28, 2020, 01:48:40 PM
You'll get more guys fishing if you shared some of your hot spots with us!  ;D j/k

The last few gatherings have been plagued with weedy conditions, but it's cool to meet up with people from the board. I think the grinner gathering as more of a reason to get together rather than a competition. So, it doesn't matter if it's a one day or two day affair to me. I do remember back when there were actually sharks in the surf that I caught one during the first grinner gathering.  ;D

He doesn't have any secret spots. They're all well known and easy access, he just follows the fish instead of going to the same beach for 9 months and catching for one month.

I like the idea. Kayak drops too? No illegal measurements of any protected fish.
Keep it tight

sasquatch

I think Chris will back me up on this.

Just being at the right spot doesn't always work either.