News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Social distance kayaking

Started by BenCantrell, March 22, 2020, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've checked in. I've been focusing my energy on getting blog posts put together for my recent fishing stuff. The link below is most recent one from my kayak session yesterday. I've been upping my mileage, and this was my longest paddle to date. Bringing home some rockfish was a nice bonus, plus a new species for the list.

https://bencantrellfish.blogspot.com/2020/03/social-distance-kayaking.html

Stay healthy and safe everyone!

1morecast

Nice haul, how's the kayak working out for you. Any regrets on not getting a pedal drive?
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

jrodda

Nice report, 20 miles of paddling is a hell of a lot. You must be working out away from kayaking. Up here I could almost go to Anacapa and back with that range.

BenCantrell

I'm still happy I went with paddle only. I'm definitely faster than the Hobie guys, though that might be more a function of total weight and drag, not pedal vs paddle. Only thing I might add is a foot controlled rudder so I don't have to paddle on only one side when the wind is trying to push me off course.

Yeah, I'm doing this on top of long distance running, so the two compliment each other.

Latimeria

Very nicely done Ben.  20 miles... I almost want to pass out just thinking about that. 

Excellent to see you stocking up on the fresh stuff!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.