News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

I need air!!

Started by FISH86R, March 23, 2020, 09:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH86R

So now they're trying to close beaches now too.. Does anyone know REAL specifics??

skrilla

How dare we defy the king's orders.  ;D

LEO are monitoring and closing parking lots to deter large crowds. You can still fish. Something something people's right to access public waterways. Article 1 Section 25 should cover you. Besides it's Federal waters, the king has no power there.

FISH86R

Quote from: skrilla on March 23, 2020, 10:18:07 AM
How dare we defy the king's orders.  ;D

LEO are monitoring and closing parking lots to deter large crowds. You can still fish. Something something people's right to access public waterways. Article 1 Section 25 should cover you. Besides it's Federal waters, the king has no power there.

I knew someone would have a real answer.. So then what's defined as a water way mean high or mean low or so many feet from??

skrilla

My public school education reading skills leads me to believe mean high tide.

https://www.slc.ca.gov/water-boundaries/

And Article 1 Section 25 allows us to fish from above the mean high tide line.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=CONS&sectionNum=Section%2025.&article=I

Latimeria

Quote from: skrilla on March 23, 2020, 10:18:07 AM
Something something people's right to access public waterways. Article 1 Section 25 should cover you. Besides it's Federal waters, the king has no power there.

Unfortunately there are other laws that will supersede any public access articles if deemed a public health hazard.

This could have been stopped or slowed a month or two ago... but we are here now.  What ifs are like Monday Morning Quarterbacks.  hahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.