News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mackerel Hunt

Started by Latimeria, April 28, 2020, 10:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Went on a mackerel hunt in the morning at some old usual spots.  Not a single mackerel to be found!

Lot's of cool rock critters.

I jumped from spot to spot and ended up with two micro bass and a critter I haven't caught in years!

Moved around a bit seeing what I could see, but just a lot of anglers hiding in the bushes.  Well hidden I may add.

Time to buy some mackerel from the liquor store I guess.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

1morecast

Is shore fishing in the bay still off limits?
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

spideyjg

I caught a bit of a blurb that tomorrow they may have updates on recreational activities. Governors conference is at noon. Don't know about the county one.I think around 2.

Latimeria

Quote from: spideyjg on April 29, 2020, 11:09:08 PM
I caught a bit of a blurb that tomorrow they may have updates on recreational activities. Governors conference is at noon. Don't know about the county one.I think around 2.

I just heard they are re-closing beaches....

spideyjg

They said social distance or they would close them again. They are as of Friday. Fish tomorrow if you can.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/gov-newsom-set-to-close-california-beaches-again

1morecast

Quote from: Latimeria on April 29, 2020, 11:11:33 PM
Quote from: spideyjg on April 29, 2020, 11:09:08 PM

I just heard they are re-closing beaches....

Just OC beaches I heard. Chip was being a bad boy😘
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Jaws

It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Treecatcher

If you're still looking for Mack's, I heard they're thick at shelter island these last few days.

Chris

Took the yak out and they were thick in 30-50ft of water.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on June 05, 2020, 08:16:58 PM
Took the yak out and they were thick in 30-50ft of water.

Definitely not where I was.  I haven't seen any in months (or just very few)