News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Canning

Started by Latimeria, July 22, 2020, 06:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

The garden has been going crazy this year and considering I wasn't going to have a garden, was unprepared for the bounty.  My wife wanted to give it all away, but I told her she didn't help with watering, weeding or harvesting everyday so it wasn't hers to give away.  LOL

Thus I have a decent amount of pickles, salsa and pasta sauce ready to go!  All came out wonderful too, but it was quite a mess to actually get everything done.

2 flavors of pickles and 2 flavors of salsa.  One made with beefsteak tomatoes and the other with multi color cherry tomatoes.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Salsas look pretty good.

Pickles are gross.

Maybe pickled mushrooms?

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on July 22, 2020, 06:18:03 AM
Maybe pickled mushrooms?

That almost made me puke...  lol

BenCantrell

Looks good Tom!

I've been doing salad greens on my balcony, and I haven't had to buy anything from the store all year. It's a good feeling.

Latimeria

Quote from: BenCantrell on July 22, 2020, 08:39:34 AM
Looks good Tom!

I've been doing salad greens on my balcony, and I haven't had to buy anything from the store all year. It's a good feeling.

That's impressive!

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on July 22, 2020, 06:21:07 AM
Quote from: sasquatch on July 22, 2020, 06:18:03 AM
Maybe pickled mushrooms?

That almost made me puke...  lol

;D

Seriously, do carrots and onions. Add some of your peppers.

xjchad

Wow, that all looks delicious Tom!!  :o

vdisney

Very impressive Tom..............looks good
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

I bought the jars and they all got used for for everything but canning, hopefully next year I'll give it a go. Looks like your pantry will be full 8)