News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Garden Thread 2020

Started by Latimeria, July 22, 2020, 06:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So, we put in a garden when this whole COVID crap started getting bad as we figured we might be staying home a bunch more this year.  For such an impromptu garden, it's kicking out more then I can handle and almost at a daily rate!  Things are finally slowing down.

I started canning stuff, but have run out of room in the house to store anymore. 

Tim, let's see that giant farm of yours!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Rather eat the chickens.

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

spideyjg

My tomatoes grew huge but the leaves yellowed from fungus. Jalapenos are nuts.

Latimeria

Quote from: spideyjg on July 26, 2020, 11:40:46 AM
My tomatoes grew huge but the leaves yellowed from fungus. Jalapenos are nuts.
The fungus is terrible this year. Lost my zucchini, squash and 2 tomato plants to it.

Tim524

Looks like we all had plenty of time to putz around the house this Spring, so here is my self reliance project from start to present time ;) First I tilled it up with a whole pallet of steer manure.

I put up a little fence to keep the rabbits out and installed my drip system, with some help from these two.

They also helped me plant my corn too.

Everything took off in no time.

The corn is over ten feet tall in one section.

The harvesting has been great so far.

So far I have picked 170 ears of corn and still more to pick.

Been freezing lots of it too.

It tastes great on the BBQ too.

Latimeria

Damn Tim!  Steer manure is the bomb though for the garden even if my neighbors hate it.  I thought you had Scribby composted somewhere in there!  LOL

Latimeria

Pulled all the tomato plants as they have totally been infested with fungus and bugs.  I can't believe all of the horn worms I found on them!

They went from Tomato Plant Demons to Chicken Snacks in no time!  lol

skrilla