News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

7/26 & 8/2 La Jolla AM

Started by skrilla, August 02, 2020, 04:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skrilla

7/26: NW winds. Miserable.

8/2: SW winds. Miserable.

In 4 outings I'm 0-9 on hook ups.  :-[  They've dog boned every mack of every size and I've even given them a 20 count. Curse of the rubber hook!

Can't wait til December when the weather warms up.   ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: skrilla on August 02, 2020, 04:11:18 PM
7/26: NW winds. Miserable.

8/2: SW winds. Miserable.

In 4 outings I'm 0-9 on hook ups.  :-[  They've dog boned every mack of every size and I've even given them a 20 count. Curse of the rubber hook!

I didn't take my boat out the last week because of that.  I realize it's no kayak, but a flats boat only stays above the waterline about the same.  I saw the marine forecast and hit the big old "Nope" button.

Well, I hear you with rubber hooks.  I felt like that was all I was using for a while there until the tide swung in my favor.  Well, it threw me a few bones, but I'm still a master farmer apparently.

0-9 though... sheesh.... Burn some sage over the kayak!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

Even the boats with more freeboard boogied out when the winds kicked up.

I do come home with the consolation prize. Tons of whitefish on bait. Bigger cod on the jigs. Fast drift makes it a chore but it beats a total skunk.

Still plenty of action on bass despite the water temps. They get quite pesky as they will gobble down the smaller spanish macks if I drag one in shallower waters. They must recognize my hull by now as it means a free meal and a quick release.