News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Now Frozen on Tuesday (9/1)

Started by Latimeria, September 02, 2020, 06:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Full moon High tides limited us what beaches we could fish.  Squatch and I made the plan and met up at dark for a little shark surf session. 

First thing I noticed when I went for my practice cast is that water is downright chilly compared to last week!  I didn't venture too far out to cast and tried to stay at ankle depth.  I was using Macks and Walleye surf perch.  Both got bit, but the bites were very Ray like, and not big ray like.  Steve catches a small bat on his first cast and that was it.  Rode out 3 hours of re-baiting and casting practice after that. 

Minimal weeds, but there was a big stringer here and there.

Not sure of water temp, but it's definitely not in the 70's anymore.

Surf was 1'-3' range and very fishable.

This is 4 trips in a row without any real fish to speak of off the beach.  Typical summer-time fishing I guess and can't wait to see if there is a fall shark run.

Anyone else get out looking for surf sharks lately?  It's awfully quiet lately.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Greenshark

Haha sounds exactly like me and buddies Saturday night session small bat right away and then nothing but weeds

vdisney

We're gonna give it a go Tuesday evening/night, first time in almost a year I can fish at night...................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

Just light line fishing. Lots of small kelp in the water. The current has been pulling pretty good the last couple of days too.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)