News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

2-27 Dixon trout report

Started by MASSfisher, February 27, 2015, 10:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASSfisher

Man school is kicking my ass and I've done a lot more lurking than posting around here.

Anyway, I made it out to Lake Dixon today with a buddy to target some trout. Found a spot from the shore and proceeded to throw everything I had at them. It was a pretty frustrating day to say the least. I lost about 5 fish that were hooked up, and had another 3-4 fish swallow the bait and spit it out instantly. Ended up with 2 fish, the biggest weighing in at a solid 2.5 pounds.

My first hook up of the day was on a "secret lure". This trout was easily my PB, but somehow shook the bait. My two fish were caught on my "secret bait" and a white mini jig.

Good luck to anybody heading out there this weekend. They were really keyed in on pinks and whites but very finicky as well. I had about 12 or so fish look at my bait and swim off. I was using 2# line but no scent....maybe i should bring some for next time.

¡líneas apretadas!

Brian

1morecast

Thanks for the Dixon report..Brian. It can be frustrating with them trout. What time did you see the most action?

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

MASSfisher

The action was definitely hottest right when we got there. I forgot to mention that I got there later than I wanted to. Had we been there right when they opened I'm sure we would have caught more. Mainly because we would have gotten a better spot and also because they seem to bite best at first light.

Latimeria

The Dixon Trout Rats!  Full Contact Trout Fishing!   :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.