News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Boat went in for repair...

Started by Latimeria, October 30, 2020, 06:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Boat went in for repair on 10/12.....  Nothing wrong, so I picked up on 10/15.  Took it out on 10/16 to same problem and immediately returned it that day to fix.  Today is 10/30 and it's still in the shop and nothing has even been done... 

I'm starting to think this is only me that deals with these type of boat issues.  Most people just B.O.A.T (Bring On Another Thousand) and the boat is back and ready to go in a few days.  Mine always have the mystery gremlins living in it.  Just a somber rant as I'm at work on my "Saturday" because we had a person quit and I have to pick up the slack.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Maybe you should bring some aluminum shampoo to your next visit to the shop >:( Hope you get some answers .

skrilla

I like it. Bring Out Another Thumpin'

Latimeria

I called yesterday since last week they said they would get it to the lake and test on Monday or Tuesday...  Never looked at it or did anything to fix the trolling motor plug...

Even tried to pin it on me saying that they thought I was going to take a day off of work to bring one of them out to the lake to test.  then doubled up and said that they've been busy with 3 or 4 boats a day.  So they were busy getting in new customers, but left my boat in the parking lot for a month.

I will be getting the boat from them today and try to fix it myself or bring it elsewhere.  Angler's Marine is dead to me...

Fish Jerk

I'd be concerned that every time they said they couldn't find anything wrong, they never bothered checking and just took your money. They sound like a real piece of work and would be getting negative yelp reviews etc maybe even a complaint to the bbb.

Latimeria

Heard some news about the boat this afternoon, so it sounds like progress is on the horizon!

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on November 05, 2020, 07:09:00 PM
Heard some news about the boat this afternoon, so it sounds like progress is on the horizon!

I hope so Tom, my fingers are crossed for you brother   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Quote from: vdisney on November 06, 2020, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on November 05, 2020, 07:09:00 PM

I hope so Tom, my fingers are crossed for you brother   8)

x2 Look forward to seeing your boat reports soon.

Latimeria

Seems that the throttle position sensor blew and was not letting the fuel injection do its thing.  New one coming in from Wisconsin (apparently only place that has them available) and I hope to be back up and running next week at the latest. 

sasquatch

Tim524

Nice to see they finally figured it out, I see your blood pressure coming down now :)

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on November 09, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
Nice to see they finally figured it out, I see your blood pressure coming down now :)

Finally got my MRI, Boat problem is figured out, Patio construction is finished (Even though he didn't tilt the gutters, so nothing runs out of them but spills over) and a few more good news things has helped my head out tremendously.  The boat will be the ultimate stress reliever as I can't even remember the last time I was in it where It was running great.

jrodda

Happy for you, that's a lot of good news!

skrilla

Yikes. Did they find out why the TPS blew?

Latimeria

Quote from: skrilla on November 09, 2020, 07:33:55 PM
Yikes. Did they find out why the TPS blew?

Most likely not, but it might just be an electronic failure which all seem to happen with almost all electronics.  (I never asked, but will when I finally get the word it's fixed and running again)