News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Fishing Point Mugu?

Started by Ethansauce_, November 08, 2020, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethansauce_

Hello, figured I'd give a new spot a try since the usual ones haven't been producing. I've never fished point mugu before and have heard some conflicting reports... anyone have info they'd be willing to share? I plan on casting and dropping shark baits between 50 and 300yrds. Also hope to get on some light perch fishing if they're around?

Thanks in advance,
Ethan
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

jrodda

Never tried it. The break is right onto the hardpack, so be careful with launching and landing. I imagine it to be worth prospecting if you play it right.

As far as perch go, I haven't fished it in a decade but it produces some nice perch from time to time. Good luck!

Ethansauce_

Finally managed to fish Point Mugu a bit.Thanks for the input jrodda, you weren't kidding about the shore break! Definitely got tossed up a bit launching and landing. Anyways, we ended the day with 2 soups on the sand, 67in and 69in, from dropped baits. No other runs or action besides that.
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

jrodda

Nice! Good to hear there are some soups still in the area after the storm.