News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

spade and a vampire

Started by Chris, February 28, 2015, 07:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

speed does the trick (retrieve wise but the drug might too). Rapala Xrap14. 4/0 inline singles. 12lb floro, 30lb braid. Calcutta 200GTB and clarus 10-20lb stick.

Keep it tight

Latimeria

Those are pretty damn awesome, Chris!  That Spadefish is bad ass!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

Quote from: Latimeria on February 28, 2015, 07:44:09 AM

I'm not even sure what it is. it was over 10" for sure, maybe 12-13". first thing I thought was it looked just like a scat that I had in my aquarium. also resembles some type of spade fish. im just going to have to wait until KenT ID's it.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on February 28, 2015, 07:55:24 AM
Quote from: Latimeria on February 28, 2015, 07:44:09 AM

I'm not even sure what it is. it was over 10" for sure, maybe 12-13". first thing I thought was it looked just like a scat that I had in my aquarium. also resembles some type of spade fish. im just going to have to wait until KenT ID's it.

Huh, It has a body shape of a spadefish, but if we don't know for sure, I'll see what I could find out.  Very cool catch Chris.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Was wondering when you'd start putting up some reports from the Orient. Cool catches!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Dave Legacy

Looks like a Green Scat to me. Was this near an estuary? At that size it could be full marine so it doesn't matter I suppose.

WheresMyBeer

sasquatch

Couple nice catches. Whatever they are.

Chris

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on February 28, 2015, 10:40:51 AM
Was wondering when you'd start putting up some reports from the Orient. Cool catches!!

most of the spots we fish are pretty hairy and your bound to get wet so I never bring a camera with me. My father in-law bought me a cool waterproof camera a while back and I finally bought a new charger for it after losing it on a plane trip. I'm going to try to take a lot more pictures now.
Keep it tight

Chris

Quote from: Dave Legacy on February 28, 2015, 12:36:27 PM
Looks like a Green Scat to me. Was this near an estuary? At that size it could be full marine so it doesn't matter I suppose.

it was in a marina next to a river mouth. there were several I could see, this one was the only one that A) either attacked it and got hooked in the head or B) my lure bumped into and snagged in the head.  ;D
Keep it tight