News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Shoulder Update

Started by Latimeria, November 20, 2020, 05:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

It's Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccked. 

I kind of knew it, but was hoping it wasn't going to be too bad.  Lots of torn tendons including the bicep tendon and shoulder tendons that have torn off and retracted back into the muscles which need to be pulled out and re-stretched to new anchors.  (Also had one tendon that somehow moved and stretched in a place it shouldn't be as the doctor was curious how that even happened) 
Old man bone spurs also need some shaving off. 

Better get my fishing fix in now before I'm back to casting a trout rod with bobber for spotted bass.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

I'm in the same boat :o both shoulders riddled with arthritis and bone spurs  >:( New hip first, then I'll deal with the shoulders. Hope you get fixed and healed up soon,old age is over rated these days ::)

jrodda

We are going to build the 6 million dollar shark fisherman.

That sounds like a lot of gnarly stuff, I didn't know one could still function with recessed tendons like that. Good luck with all that. Maybe invest in one of those tanago rods soon.

vdisney

I'm at a lose for words Tom................bummer.  I hope you get it all worked out, Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

skrilla

Yikes. You win. Minor tear in my left erector muscle during a warm up set this week. Limping into 2021 right next to you buddy.  ;D

Latimeria

f@ck... Well, I might be screwed for a lot of money or have to wait a little longer for surgery.  Not sure I ever had these healthcare billing problems before, but I'll hopefully know more on Thursday. oye vey....

Latimeria

Surgery Date: December 23rd
Recovery Time: 4-6 months

Ugh, but probably the best time to get the surgery since 2020 already f@cked up plans.  I'm just hoping people don't catch up on the shark list to me....  This is the third time I'm in for surgery and second during the age of the shark list. Last time Steve was sending me shark pics while i was laid up in a hospital bed an hour after surgery!

sasquatch

Planning to do it again.

Glad to hear it is fairly soon. Recovery time is going to be the same regardless of when you get started so sooner the better. The new outdoor bar should be useful.

Let me know if you need someone to hook up the boat to get it to the shop.

vdisney

Bummed for you my man, I can't imagine.  Good luck and keep your chin up......
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Hope all goes smooth, Tom. They have pretty good Meds these days, They work gooooood :o :o ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on December 06, 2020, 06:53:42 AM
Hope all goes smooth, Tom. They have pretty good Meds these days, They work gooooood :o :o ;D
Now that's the thing that would cheer me up!  LOL

I hope you are doing well with your new hip, Tim!

xjchad

Finally getting the shoulder fixed! 
Praying for a quick, smooth procedure and fast healing!

Latimeria

Alive and kicking.  All went well, now to just get healed up in time to continuing to keep adding to the shark list.   ;D

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

xjchad

Glad to hear it!  Merry Christmas!

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on December 24, 2020, 07:22:58 AM
Alive and kicking.  All went well, now to just get healed up in time to continuing to keep adding to the shark list.   ;D

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

I know you can enter my name with one hand.

Glad all went well.