News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Looking For Squatch's Luck

Started by jrodda, November 24, 2020, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Found Tom's!

Fished 1630-1945.

High tide 1815.

Moderate cross breeze.

1-2ft waves, very light weeds.

Skipjack til high tide, strip-o-ray after. Didn't get touched all evening.

Skipjack might have not have been optimal granted it was pieces from the collar cut, ie. not as juicy. Held on the hook well though.

On the way out I was complimented for my looks by a homeless schizophrenic. I blushed.

sasquatch

Got a taste of Tom's luck myself last night.

Interesting how you hook that bait. I do it the opposite and have the hook at the top and the meat hanging below.

Latimeria

Damn, that was cold.... LOL

Being complimented by a homeless schizophrenic is blush worthy.  Steve and I usually just have to protect the lifeguards from the meth head homeless schizophrenic's partying on a crowded beach that grunt and growl and scare all the people.  No compliments from them though.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Hook it too buried for a circle to work its magic

jrodda

Quote from: sasquatch on November 25, 2020, 04:36:23 AM
Got a taste of Tom's luck myself last night.

Interesting how you hook that bait. I do it the opposite and have the hook at the top and the meat hanging below.

Ended up switching as mentioned a cast later. First cast it was too frozen to tell, second cast i was lazy, 3rd time was the charm.