News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Seared Yellowtail

Started by Latimeria, December 08, 2020, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Raw in the middle... Never gets old.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

What do you season it with Tom?  Also, is it done on the grill or on the stove?  I have a bunch of YT fillets in the freezer and am looking for new ways to prepare it.  Thanks in advance
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on December 09, 2020, 04:24:31 AM
What do you season it with Tom?  Also, is it done on the grill or on the stove?  I have a bunch of YT fillets in the freezer and am looking for new ways to prepare it.  Thanks in advance

I cut it in loin strips and pat with olive oil.  I them either use a seafood rub, or in this case, black pepper, "everything bagel" seasoning and a little south west seasoning.  I sear it on a pan on all sides for about a minute to where the outside is cooked, but the inside stays rare/raw.

Take it off and chill in fridge or freezer immediately to keep it from overcooking.  When the outside is cool/cold, I'll take a sharp knife and cut it into mini-medallions.  I'll use a teriyaki or mandarin sauce as a dip.  So good.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Almost looks like ham. I'm not a big fan of raw anything but that would probably change my mind, it looks so good 8)