News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

One Stop Shopping and a Mystery (5/3)

Started by Latimeria, June 24, 2014, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Short of the story.   8)
I had a few hours to pull it off, and it worked out pretty damn good.

The bait was a custom tied shrimp flies by Jim (LandlockedinUtah).  First bait and I hook an unknown whatchaumcalllit.
Weird.

Glass

Found an epic mini pile that just let me hammer the snapper all on the shrimp fly!

One after another on the light gear.

Small were 16" and big four were all 20-21".

I got buzzed cruising home!

Nice quick trip  and I got it done with maybe one of my nicest red bag limit locally.

Things are looking pretty good as the season progresses.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

That sure is a nice bunch of rock fish. Go figure a guy from Utah knocking out the killer shrimp flies. Lucky that float plane missed you.

Latimeria

No kidding.  Now only if he could finish his blog for the website, I'll be really happy.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Saw this post before. Hog Reds. Nice... What the heck was that thing>?