News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Hello... Is anybody out there?

Started by Latimeria, January 14, 2021, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone in the surf?

Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well, I can ease your pain
Get your spike in the sand again

Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where the seven hunts?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Quote from: Latimeria on January 14, 2021, 09:28:37 AM
Can you show me where the seven hunts?

Not at my stake-out!

I was gonna go the past two nights but bailed on the 2nd night. Didn't catch anything Tuesday night, but during my practice casts I found half a dozen of these Wavy Turban Snail shells in great condition, along with one snail still alive.

Now I realize that I've seen the door of their shell many times before, but thought it was just half a clam shell.

Also finally found a piece of driftwood I like to start building my own cat tree.

My dad wants to make a bolero with a turban snail shell as a feature piece. I told him that he's gonna get a lot of "hey Mark is it too cold in here for you?" comments. I also learned that these snails taste like abalone and will show up occasionally in seafood markets as "wavalone".

And thanks, I've had that strat solo stuck in my head for the last 45 minutes.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on January 14, 2021, 09:28:37 AM
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone in the surf?

<Nod>

We've been hitting the pier Tom, my dad's balance is getting worse so the sand is getting tough.  Hopefully by the end of the month we'll be going north in the mornings, with any luck I'll have something to report.  Our usual spots down here has been dead   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

I had Pink Floyd in my head this morning and tweaked the lyrics. I just needed something to write as I'm bored to tears.

Thanks for the ping back guys. I'm dying to see some sharks soon though.

Tim524

SevengillTheVC

I just haven't really wanted to make a trip to the coast to see it potentially closed, and it's hard to find any literature on closures here in the county :(.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on January 14, 2021, 06:53:44 PMI'm dying to see some sharks soon though.

We're not driving north to perch fish   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Quote from: SevengillTheVC on January 15, 2021, 11:16:43 AM
I just haven't really wanted to make a trip to the coast to see it potentially closed, and it's hard to find any literature on closures here in the county :(.

Sending you a PM.

skrilla

Still paddling out. Just on a different platform. Wet beard mandatory.

1/17 La Jolla AM report. Water feels high 50's, smooth seas, light winds. Birds doing more sitting than flying. Zero whitefish.

xjchad

Just finished dealing with a major power/water outage after a big wind storm.
Now moving from my home office to our newly setup CDA office.
Busy, busy...

How's your shoulder Tom?

jrodda

Quote from: xjchad on January 19, 2021, 08:06:51 AM
Just finished dealing with a major power/water outage after a big wind storm.
Now moving from my home office to our newly setup CDA office.
Busy, busy...

Eyyyyy we're in the middle of a windstorm! Some power outages throughout Newbury Park.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on January 15, 2021, 07:37:17 PM
Quote from: SevengillTheVC on January 15, 2021, 11:16:43 AM

Sending you a PM.

I didn't see a pm, but I've been a little out of it the last few weeks.

Latimeria

Quote from: skrilla on January 17, 2021, 01:22:36 PM
Still paddling out. Just on a different platform. Wet beard mandatory.

1/17 La Jolla AM report. Water feels high 50's, smooth seas, light winds. Birds doing more sitting than flying. Zero whitefish.

I'd love a mess of whitefish right about now!

Latimeria

Quote from: xjchad on January 19, 2021, 08:06:51 AM

How's your shoulder Tom?

Stay safe up there Chad.  Shoulder surgery sucks, but I'm in the beginning of physical therapy so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

xjchad

Quote from: Latimeria on January 21, 2021, 10:57:38 AM

Stay safe up there Chad.  Shoulder surgery sucks, but I'm in the beginning of physical therapy so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there Tom!