News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Any Damage from the Wind Storm?

Started by Latimeria, January 26, 2021, 06:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Anyone sustain damage because of that weather yesterday?

I had a huge queen palm frond rip off and crush my grill as well as my boat canopy getting torn into a few pieces (come apart along a bunch of the steel tubing and top blew off).  I have to look closer when I get home today, but I felt like I wasn't seeing some things that I used to see before this.

Besides that, I was weaving all over the street trying to avoid the downed curb-side basketball hoops that went crashing down last night.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Got to work yesterday and was called to help with a tree blocking both sides of Torrey pines road.

jrodda

Last week there was a "branch" that broke off of a tree that blocked off 2 lanes of road over by my work. Looked like it would take 8 guys (or 2 Steves) to get it out the road. Thankfully no property damage on my end.

sasquatch

Tim524

My neighbors roof started to rip off in the storm before Christmas and this last one finished it off. Blue tarps and sand bags was a quick solution but it didn't hold so as of Monday it was raining in his home office ??? ???

Latimeria

Round 2... No wind event, but lots of rain and snow.  I'm not sure how I got so much water in my boat with it having a tarp on and being covered, but I think that wind might have had something to do with it a few days ago.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on January 28, 2021, 04:23:00 PM
I'm not sure how I got so much water in my boat with it having a tarp on and being covered

Speaking of boats Tom, how goes the battle?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on January 31, 2021, 06:49:36 AM
Quote from: Latimeria on January 28, 2021, 04:23:00 PM
I'm not sure how I got so much water in my boat with it having a tarp on and being covered

Speaking of boats Tom, how goes the battle?

I'm taking it to another shop, but this shop has a 2 month wait to get an appointment. Place is legit,vso hopefully I get it fixed this time. My appointment date is 2/4 so it's this week.