News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Another Loin

Started by Tim524, February 10, 2021, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Kind of a cooler, cloudy day so I seasoned up a pork loin and put it in the fridge for a few hours while I did some chores ( always something to do around here )

Set the smoker to 240 and added in some apple chips 8)

3 hours later she was ready, internal temp was 140, perfect !

Let it rest for 15 minutes and sliced it up, I was happy :)

I know... Pork again ??  We just haven't been eating much red meat lately, Looks like it's time to do a Tri- Tip ;D

Latimeria

You're going to have to BBQ for the P-Souls Gathering one day when this pandemic is all out of the way.  What a perfect looking loin!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Those pork loins at Costco are a steal. Less than $2.00 a lb and no waste. Almost time to do another once my leftover gumbo is gone.

Tim524

Quote from: spideyjg on February 10, 2021, 07:30:03 AM
Those pork loins at Costco are a steal. Less than $2.00 a lb and no waste. Almost time to do another once my leftover gumbo is gone.

I haven't bought meat at Costco in years cause I spend too much money on everything else as well. :( :(   Winco is another good place to save on quality meats 8) 8)

xjchad

spideyjg

Quote from: Tim524 on February 10, 2021, 08:02:38 AM
Quote from: spideyjg on February 10, 2021, 07:30:03 AM

I haven't bought meat at Costco in years cause I spend too much money on everything else as well. :( :(   Winco is another good place to save on quality meats 8) 8)

I get one about 10 lbs, smoke it, cut into about 25 meals for 12 or 13 bucks. Good and cheap.

skrilla

You know it's good when the smell-o-vision turns on while scrolling thru the pics.