News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

New to Oceanside

Started by raychavez91, March 03, 2015, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raychavez91

As the title says, I'm gonna be staying in Oceanside now that I got a new job down here, I'll be staying here Monday through Friday for work, till about 5pm, and Saturday/Sunday I'll be in LA. In the pm I'd like to soak the long rods, but I'm completely lost when it comes to tackle shops, and where's a good spot for macks/squid. If anything I'll probably be jigging the pier for macks, but if I can't come across any, I'll just pick some up....does anyone have any suggestions, or care to have a session this week, assuming the surf conditions are decent? Any responses would be greatly appreciated

sasquatch

Welcome to the hood.

Tackle in o'side is pacific coast bait n tackle or anglers tackle. Also pats b n t. First two are decent, not much experience with pats.

I usually get my bait in San diego when I'm fishing down there, or at Asian markets in Mira Mesa. O'side pier has macks seasonally, but I seem to miss them more often than not.

Hit me up. Might be down for some evening soaks but I usually knock off around 8-9.

raychavez91

Latimeria

Well Damn, welcome boss!  Great spot to be working as Steve is right there and knows the beaches better than his belly hairs.   :o :-[  lol

There will be lots of big game opportunities in you future.  Welcome to Team SD.   ;)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Latimeria on March 04, 2015, 07:38:56 AM
Steve is right there and knows the beaches better than his belly hairs.   :o :-[  lol

DOH  ;D ... I can relate. Haven't seen mine in a while.

Welcome! ... Great fishing spots nearby!

raychavez91

Unfortunately for team S.D, I'll still be with team L.A. this year, next year, well, it may be a different story ;)

Eric H

That means if u catch the winning bat in sd it counts for la  ;D

raychavez91

Quote from: Eric H on March 04, 2015, 02:39:40 PM
That doesn't sound bad either lol

Latimeria

Quote from: Eric H on March 04, 2015, 02:39:40 PM

You wish!  lol

raychavez91

Fish Jerk

So does this mean no more trips to VC for seven's?
:)

raychavez91

It means these trip up north will be takin very seriously haha

Pinoyfisher

Well Damn, welcome boss!  Great spot to be working as Steve is right there and knows the beaches better than his belly hairs.   :o :-[  lol

There will be lots of big game opportunities in you future.  Welcome to Team SD.   ;)

I thought you and Josh knew his belly hairs best?!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on March 05, 2015, 02:15:45 PM

I thought you and Josh knew his belly hairs best?!!

Josh is still picking around more southern hairs.  lol

sasquatch

Just so you all know, I have reported these posts, to myself, and when I have time they will be properly dealt with.