News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Just Traded Rods...

Started by jrodda, May 17, 2021, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Traded away an 8' Graphtech 15-30 that just felt too heavy to me. In return, I received my first Calstar, a 270h. Cut down to 7'6".

It's one of the lightest Calstars I've ever held, which was the selling point for me. I only started collecting glass rods in the last 9 months and only blanks that were built light.

Now I have 2 rods that cover the 25-30# live bait niche. Well...more like 5, but we're talking top of the depth chart here. I picked up a Shimano Teramar MH 15-40 8' about a month ago. Sweet, modern, thin, TC4 blank (composite blend I believe). Has a reel seat unlike the Calstar. Surprisingly similar in weight though. I think the softer tip on the 270h is gonna win me over when fly-lining sardines. The more I think about it, the more I think the Teramar isn't gonna beat the 270h for rail time, although it is a very cool rod.

Probably gonna put either an Avet MXJ on it or a Daiwa Sealine X20SHA, loaded with 40# braid. Though I'm currently winning 2 auctions on Torium 14s....I better lose at least one.

Latimeria

Those are some great rods you got there.  Couple one of them with a Torium 14 is going to be a sweet set up.

Quote from: jrodda on May 17, 2021, 05:17:04 PM
....I better lose at least one.

You'll probably win both now.  hahahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Quote from: Latimeria on May 18, 2021, 05:48:03 AM
Those are some great rods you got there.  Couple one of them with a Torium 14 is going to be a sweet set up.

Quote from: jrodda on May 17, 2021, 05:17:04 PM
....I better lose at least one.

You'll probably win both now.  hahahaha

Nobody sniped the first one, got it for $125. Still winning the 2nd with 12 hours to go...

skrilla

Good trade. Of all the rods I've let go the one I miss the most was a glass 7ft 270.

jrodda

Lost the 2nd Torium. It was sold at a low enough price that I still toyed with it, if just for the thrill...I'll try out the torium I did win on some rods and maybe I will want another once I can feel the balance of it.

jrodda

Torium arrived today. Looks amazing on the Teramar.

It balances well enough on the Calstar, but aesthetically I think I'd wanna go with something primarily black, like the Sealine or an Avet MXJ/L. I'm gonna AB the rods after this wind is done blowing to see if it's worth buying another reel, or if I should get rid of one of the rods. Money money money money

KogaHead

270 was originally built by Sabre. The standard version is a great 15 to 20 pound bait rod. H version handles 20 to 25 wonderfully. You will fall in love with that rod. Go find an 865, next step up in bait rods.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)