News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Saturday didn't happen

Started by Tim524, June 28, 2021, 11:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Planned on taking the Toon to Lake Skinner on Saturday, so on Friday I pulled her onto the driveway for pre- inspection and a little run time/warm up since our last outing in March. Turned on the key for nada ??? Did the usual check for neutral and still nothing >:( Put a volt meter on the battery and 1.8 volts :o Brand new battery so I put a trickle charger on it overnight thinking all would be good, wrong answer. Saturday morning still not charged ::) Ok, its still early, I'll just pull the new battery out of The Ass Rack and swap, Wrong answer again, different terminal connections >:( Had to wait till 9am for American Battery in Escondido to open, so I ventured down the hill and got a new battery :)  Since the day was already shot for getting to the lake somewhat early, we decided to head to Bass Pro and  '' Look '' at other options for Bay fishing boats :D  All they had in stock was bass boats and 1 pontoon boat. We had had lunch and started to shop for Misc. stuff, Janie likes to shop ;D ;D

Here sits the Toon with no juice >:(

Myles found a nice Penn rod and reel combo

We checked out and used our reward card they gave us from buying the boat last year and saved a few bucks ( Like that is possible  ::) ::) ;D ) Headed home and got ready to take the boat out Sunday morning 8)

jrodda

Good salvage to the day! BPS is always fun. I'm due to drop a few bucks there soon if just for giggles.

Latimeria

Yep, BPS as a back up plan for a dead battery is not a bad way to spend the day.  At least your boat is running now!  Unlike the Curmudgeon....  Can't find the issue...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.