News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First Albie of the Season (New Lo Ann)

Started by Latimeria, July 01, 2021, 06:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

The first albie of the season was caught on the New Lo Ann (Currently heading back to the dock).  I know there's a ton of huge bluefin around, but it would be nice to see some albies in the mix again.  Maybe it's just that I haven't caught one in over 12 years, but also it would be much nicer to my shoulder and back pulling on a 25# albie than a 100# bluefin.  I know, how selfish of me.  hahahaha.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

I saw that as well, very interesting stuff. The bluefin thing is super cool but so tough with the range in size of fish out there right now. Could run into a 20 pounder or a 400 pounder, all on a 1.5 day. I wish I could just go out with 30-40lb gear and have a time of it but Im a fool not to have a 100# reel at the ready.Best I got is 80 and it sounds like I'm asking for trouble with that. Idk, I shouldn't be dropping $600 on a high risk trip like that right now anyways.

skrilla