News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Slow day on The Bay

Started by Tim524, August 20, 2021, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

We launched at Shelter Island about 8am ( Late start, shaving with a new razor, bathroom looked like a crime scene :o ) Cloudy but warm conditions and not too much traffic on the water. Hit the jetty for not even a bite >:( Went to a few other spots and scratched 8 Spotties, had to work hard to get them cause the breeze picked up and had to use the drift sock ::)

Myles had the best luck today with 5 nice ones, the biggest was 13''

Max and I got a decent one  and I got a dink as well

We saw a YouTuber  named SanDog That we kind of follow from time to time, he seemed like a nice guy 8)

Called it a day and headed home around 2pm, got home and washed up the Ass Rack and parked it under the carport, hopefully soon another boat will be under there as well ;)

sasquatch

Still better than not going at all

Latimeria

Well dang. I was hoping to see some wide open fishing. I just saw one of the half day boats loaded up with dorado, yellows and even a bluefin.... Again, on a half day! That's ass rack territory! LoL

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Doesn't sound like a bad day to me. The wind sure can be a tough cookie out on the bay.

You hid behind your spotty, can't see the results from the razor!

Tim524

Quote from: jrodda on August 21, 2021, 08:57:48 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad day to me. The wind sure can be a tough cookie out on the bay.

You hid behind your spotty, can't see the results from the razor!

That was the idea, I did get a few looks and a stare at the dock :o

xjchad

Glad you had a nice day with the boys!