News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Latimeria's Macadamia Nut Mahi

Started by Latimeria, September 24, 2021, 03:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I actually cooked it again today and took the time write how I did it.  I also took pictures, but I'll have to clean them up

Latimeria's Macadamia Nut Mahi-Mahi

•   Mix the nuts, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a small food processor; cover and pulse until nuts are moderately to finely chopped.
•   Whisk egg and water in another bowl. Also put flour and nut mixture in separate bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with nut mixture.
•   In a large skillet, heat oil over medium to medium high heat; cook fillets for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.  (Pre-heat the oven to 400°F)
•   In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger. Microwave uncovered, on high, for about 40-50 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. This will be the drizzle for over the fish at the end.
•   Cut pieces of aluminum foil that you can make a "Boat" around each piece that's being cooked.  Place a filet in each "boat" and then take the remaining nut/panko crumble from the bowl and generously sprinkle on top of each piece.
•   Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until the top of the new crumble mix starts to brown.
•   Remove and drizzle the ginger/soy over the fish in a zig-zag pattern and serve!

Ingredients

•   1 cup panko bread crumbs
•   1 cup macadamia nuts
•   1/4 teaspoon salt
•   1/4 teaspoon white pepper
•   1 egg
•   2 teaspoons water
•   All-purpose flour to coat raw fish
•   6 mahi filets (I guess moderate to the size of the chunks you will use, but 5x4 is a general size I cut it to)
•    canola oil for cooking
•   3 tablespoons brown sugar
•   3 tablespoons soy sauce
•   3 teaspoons minced gingerroot
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

I could eat that.

Just need to substitute one ingredient.

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on September 24, 2021, 04:11:18 PM
I could eat that.

The green beans?   ;D ;)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on September 24, 2021, 04:23:37 PM
I could eat that.

The green beans?   ;D ;)

Those are green beans? Thought they were grilled peppers.  Either way, I'm in.

I had a different ingredient in mind.

jrodda

Another killer looking dish. Just got some rockfish that maybe I could try this with.

I could eat that.

You want skipjack instead of mahi right?

Tim524

That looks like an award winning meal to me 8) 8)