News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Another solo session

Started by vdisney, October 11, 2021, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

Had a chance to make a short session yesterday, even though I have a cold I'm glad I went.  5 halibut on the sand, two lost during the fight (one was a tank) and missed a few takes.  I didn't measure the first one, it had the LC half way inhaled and I wanted to get it back in the water.  The other one I was super excited, I thought I had finally joined the 30" club, but it was not to be. Sounds crazy, but I was kind of bummed with a 28" hali.  All fish released............................

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

That's a great session, the LC did you well. Shake that cold and hopefully you will join the 30'' club next outing 8)

Latimeria

28" surf caught butt is awesome Verne! I have no doubts you'll get into that 30" club sooner than later.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

You certainly make the most of your time.

Mr Bones

Great Job out there Verne. Thanks for the heads up as well my man. Super stoked for you!  8)
One Day at a Time

Pinoyfisher

Cool color variants. Got the 'buts dialed in!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

skrilla

Now that's how you fight a cold!

BenCantrell

Nice work Verne! Five in one session is awesome.

KogaHead

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

KogaHead

Vern, your situation with your Dad got me to thinking last night. My Mom passed away earlier this year after a long battle with dementia and heart issues. Thankfully she was able to stay in her house with help from a caretaker. Being in her house was a huge benefit, she knew where she was and was comfortable in familiar surroundings. It was difficult being in Phoenix and her in California, but I called and visited when I could.

You are a saint for taking care of your Dad and making sure he is comfortable. Much like he and your Mom raised you as a child you are now taking care of him on the flip side of life. No one knows the commitment and patience it takes to deal with someone with dementia unless they have had to deal with it themselves.

There is a place in Heaven reserved for you, I hope to see you there someday and we can fish together.
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

xjchad

Awesome Verne!  That 30"er is coming soon!  8)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on October 13, 2021, 07:21:21 AM
There is a place in Heaven reserved for you, I hope to see you there someday and we can fish together.

Agreed that Verne has a spot up there, but I already put word in to the big guy warning him about you...  If anything, I said to put you on the "No Catch Anything" list.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

It ain't the catching, it is the time together.
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

KogaHead

Quote from: Latimeria on October 13, 2021, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: KogaHead on October 13, 2021, 07:21:21 AM

Agreed that Verne has a spot up there, but I already put word in to the big guy warning him about you...  If anything, I said to put you on the "No Catch Anything" list.   ;D

Tom - Gonna be tough fishing for you with the flames burning your fluorocarbon and melting the plastic lures ;D
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)