News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

South Florida Critters

Started by Latimeria, December 23, 2021, 07:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Man, critters were everywhere.  I didn't even get pics of the Iguanas, Trash Pandas, alligators, and other stuff I couldn't ID, but here are some of the one's I did get my camera out for.
(Not to mention all the Ospreys...  There were a dozen at minimum in every spot I stopped everywhere I went.... I didn't even know there were so many.  One time they looked like crows, 12 flying overhead together, but they were all Ospreys!)

Lots and lots of these.  I counted 8 different individuals.

Locust....

Invasives

Artsy shot with my Mom...

And my absolute most favorite wildlife shot...  We passed this sign...

and 20 yards down the road and we pass this...

He was a big boy too!

One of the most shocking things I saw down here was this though.....

Thanks for taking the journey with me.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

Gopher tortoises are the best, haha. They're really funny when they get turbocharged on hot days and try to run fast.

Latimeria

Quote from: BenCantrell on December 23, 2021, 07:30:30 AM
Gopher tortoises are the best, haha. They're really funny when they get turbocharged on hot days and try to run fast.

That's what this one was doing!  I swear it was the fastest tortoise I've ever seen.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

jrodda

Looks like fun. Those gas prices....