News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Fishing with my father

Started by vdisney, January 10, 2022, 03:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

For the last year or so I've been taking my father to the pier.  He'll be 97 this year and his balance is getting to where the beach doesn't work.  His dementia is worsening, but he's healthy as a horse.  Yesterday we each caught one calico and missed one solid hit.  With the lack of reports I figured I would chime in with this one.  We go twice a week, when I have something solid to report I'll do it.

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Thanks for the post Verne!  That's a healthy calico your Pops got there!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

97 and still catching fish, VERY COOL 8) 8)

sasquatch

Hope my kids will take me fishing a couple days a week when I can't get there on my own.

BenCantrell

Quote from: sasquatch on January 10, 2022, 10:31:48 AM
Hope my kids will take me fishing a couple days a week when I can't get there on my own.

Damnit I need kids. Thanks for sharing Verne!

jrodda

Nice healthy calico for dad, good on you getting out with him.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Tim524 on January 10, 2022, 06:24:37 AM
97 and still catching fish, VERY COOL 8) 8)

Agreed!! If I manage to live that long, I hope I'm still able to fish.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

KogaHead

A nice calico always warms the soul.

Verne, you are a great son!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

skrilla

97? He doesn't look a day over 79!

xjchad

This is great Verne!  You're a great example to all of us!

Mr Bones

Thanks for the report Verne. You are a great son and overall great man as well. Thanks for the Happy Birthday text two weeks ago as well my friend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Stay Safe Brotha!

Mike
One Day at a Time