News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First shark of the year

Started by Ethansauce_, February 07, 2022, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethansauce_

Stoked to get my first soup of the year! Landed on a dropped whole mackerel ~300 yards off the beach. Falling tide. In the process of landing her I tragically lost my tape measure but I'd estimate somewhere in the ballpark of 6.5-7ft. (caught the 2nd week of January)
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

Ethansauce_

@ethansauce_

Latimeria

Quote from: Ethansauce_ on February 07, 2022, 01:56:08 PM
Stoked to get my first soup of the year! Landed on a dropped whole mackerel ~300 yards off the beach. Falling tide. In the process of landing her I tragically lost my tape measure but I'd estimate somewhere in the ballpark of 6.5-7ft. (caught the 2nd week of January)

Congrats boss!  I want to get you on the shark list for 2022 for those two beauties, but just need a couple of things  that I can't tell from the pics.  County and roughly the second pics date to get a moon phase.  You'll be kicking off 2022's Shark List!
Nicely done!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Ethansauce_

Thank you! Got both in LA county and the second was caught during a Waxing Crescent
@ethansauce_

vdisney

Chu da man Ethan, what are you using to drop bait?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: Ethansauce_ on February 07, 2022, 11:12:18 PM
Thank you! Got both in LA county and the second was caught during a Waxing Crescent

I took some guesses before seeing this so will revise the list the next time I update the board.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Ethansauce_

Quote from: vdisney on February 08, 2022, 04:04:03 AM
Chu da man Ethan, what are you using to drop bait?

Hi Vern I'm dropping whole mackerel on an inflatable paddle board haha not ideal but I'm still saving up for a yak!
@ethansauce_

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)