News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

New Combo

Started by Latimeria, February 24, 2022, 06:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So, I've been wanting a Fathom II casting Special for a while and wanted a set up similar to that from the Red Drum and Cobia guys back east.  I want to fish the surf during the day at times and target YT and WSB, if not anything else.  After getting the new job, I treated myself to a gift and paired it on a 12' MH Heaver for 20-40# line, but plan on making it a 20# stick.

I figured I could also switch the reel to my one jig stick for casting poppers and such since it has such nice cast control and magnets.

Who knows what I'm going to use it for primarily, but I will be using it.  My other small "15" sized reel is the Sealine that I caught a 65# Bluefin on.  The lack of anti-reverse and drag on that thing made it tough fighting that beast, so hopefully this one can also be my upgrade.

Anyway, I signed my offer letter and it's all but a done deal and I have a load off my shoulders.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

Well deserved. Might need to wear a helmet when I pass by on the kayak.

Chris

Man those yellows should be in the surf zone soon and I hope you get one! Seeing them cruise outside the break from the train tracks has been haunting me for awhile.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on February 24, 2022, 10:04:37 PM
Man those yellows should be in the surf zone soon and I hope you get one! Seeing them cruise outside the break from the train tracks has been haunting me for awhile.

I caught a few in the surf zone a few years ago from my boat. I've never forgotten how shallow and close in they are

KogaHead

Your explanation sounds like rationalizing a purchase of something that looked cool.

You are a tackle Ho.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Cool reel, interested in seeing how it works out for you.

KogaHead

what a waste, better use would be in the hands of the squatch.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on April 11, 2022, 03:25:21 PM
what a waste, better use would be in the hands of the squatch.
I'm smelling a flower power kogahead coming soon! Lol