News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Big Day

Started by Tim524, March 11, 2022, 06:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Well today was the big day to pick up the boat and get it wet 8) Got to the shop and did the inspection and walk thru then headed to the Harbor.

Got to an empty ramp, cool  8)

Docked the boat and learned about the Windlass Anchor 8)

It was already almost noon and there was some chop but the trim tabs took care of that  :) We have to break in the motor so the first hour was 2000 RPM and under, then up to 4000 RPM the second hour. I was surprised how fast it got on plane, the motor has Balls compared to The Ass Rack :o ;D

We went south of the pier a few miles then headed back in, into the wind and chop but she handled it very well 8) We washed her down and flushed the motor and headed home. Gave her another bath and parked it next to The Ass Rack :D

Hopefully the weather holds and I can post a fish report soon 8)

jrodda

Awesome 8) Looks great in the water. What was the cruising speed?

Tim524

Quote from: jrodda on March 11, 2022, 07:46:04 PM
Awesome 8) Looks great in the water. What was the cruising speed?

I really didn't pay attention as I had to keep fluctuating the RPMs and there was so much to look at and take in, I never thought to look, my head was on a swivel :-[ :-[ :-

sasquatch

Congrats Tim. Looks like a sweet ride.

Pinoyfisher

Boat looks bad azz!!! Congratulations Tim!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

You're baby is home! Congrats Tim!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Thanks, guys 8)  I knew this when we bought the boat but there isn't much storage space compared to the Tri-toon  ::)  Yes it has a head, very cool, but I guess I will adapt ;) I started to organize and load the essentials today and get a feel for what makes the most sense at placing items, here is what I have so far.

Tackle storage is cool and neatly organized 8)The Plano boxes have tracks to slide on, not too shabby :)

The other side has a shelf, a drawer and a couple of pull out spools for leaders :) :)

The rear seat flips up and has storage too but it filled up fast :-[

I messed around with the Radar just to get familiar with it but the boat is under a 40x40 metal cover so not much action there ;D

There is a rod locker under the front seat on the Port side and a fish box under the opposite seat but nothing huge. I will spare you pics as I forgot to take them  :o I will probably look into the T-Bag for storing life jackets underneath the hard top and that will free up lots of space in the Head, more pics coming soon so bare with me ;D Thanks again to Tom and Don for giving me some pointers, I have much to learn about the ocean but I am sure it will be a fun experience. I know what lurks below, I was a Scuba Diver for about ten years when I was younger and La Jolla was my go to area by beach and boat 8) Thanks again for the positive vibes  :)

Latimeria

I can feel your excitement!

vdisney

Totally awesome Tim, put up a picture of the head.  That would be a too cool option
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

you are gonna love the windlass

two awesome boats under the awning

congrats Tim
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

Quote from: vdisney on March 15, 2022, 03:59:12 AM
Totally awesome Tim, put up a picture of the head.  That would be a too cool option

Here you go......I didn't mount the toilet as I want to be able to move it around and try different locations. I can stand up in there but it's tight ;)

KogaHead

toilet is easier for the kids to clean if you can remove it

lots of fun crappin' in rough water
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Looking Great Tim!  Koga can be your head scrubber on board, but I mean the Head is nautical terms, not the poop deck.

KogaHead

at my age i will take any job i can get you hose bag
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on March 18, 2022, 06:12:39 PM
at my age i will take any job i can get you hose bag
LoL 😂