News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Refreshing the Curmudgeon

Started by Latimeria, May 07, 2022, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Since the motor will be here in a month from now, I'm getting some neglected maintenance done like new sealant, hardware upgrades, comfort upgrades, more rod storage, and new wash/wax is in the cards in the next few weeks.  I spent the last few weeks slowly getting stuff out of the boat and sealing all the cracks.  I realized that I need some more rod/gaff/net storage in order to make things more accessible while fishing and running.  I also realized that I need a center rod holder for the WWB troller and that way the other 4 trollers will be in the perfect placement.

I attached a rod holder to the swing back-rest.  I'm never using the swing rest the other way, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I then attached two new rod holders on the grab rail.  One for an easy reach gaff and the other for a net (or even just a rod holder for an out of the way holder)

I attached and replaced all the missing hardware I found on the boat, so now it's onto washing and waxing the boat when I get a chance.  (Including inside the hatches to get all of that dried mildew out)

I'm planning on putting on a keel guard (or at least around the bow eye) and a seat up front for comfort reasons.  I'll have it so I could use the seat or the leaning post.

I have a few more things, but that should get me ready for the season so when the motor gets on, I'm ready to go. 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

Us old guys need seats.

Where are the beer holders?
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

Looks really good, the new power will be a big deal and the rod holders too  8) 8)

vdisney

Looks awesome Tom, I'm excited for you
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Well, I dropped the boat off and... well, have to wait until next week for it to be done.  "Goosefraba"....

It initially kind of caught me off-guard since I waited a month to bring it in, but my bigger concern was having the person who bought my old motor to pick it up.  The guys were really cool and said they can at least get the motor off for them to pick up today which was a burden off my shoulders, so I can wait until next week for it to be totally done.

I'm so looking forward to it!

Latimeria

It was hard driving away.... lol

Chris

It's going to be awesome going to pick her up though.

Hopefully we can get out on the water this year and chase some inshore (or offshore?) fish in our boats.
Keep it tight

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on June 08, 2022, 02:38:46 PM
It was hard driving away.... lol

Has to be better than just staring at it sitting in the driveway.

KogaHead

"Has to be better than just staring at it sitting in the driveway."

Oh yes wise one Yodasquatch!
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

Boatless feels weird :o  ;D Now your wife gets to park in the driveway  ;D

Latimeria

f@ck.... It's been a week in the shop and I just called up to see where it's at. Doesn't sound like they'll get to it this week with 6 people ahead of me... Oh well, just have to wait.

KogaHead

Quote from: Latimeria on June 14, 2022, 08:14:01 AM
f@ck.... It's been a week in the shop and I just called up to see where it's at. Doesn't sound like they'll get to it this week with 6 people ahead of me... Oh well, just have to wait.

I picked up your boat yesterday. Fishing the kelp beds off Point Loma right now. I caught about 20 nice Checkers to 6 pounds. Come on down to the launch ramp and call me when you are there. I will run in and pick you up. ;D :o 8) ::)
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

I set myself up for that..... LoL

Latimeria

This is torture....  I'm hoping for next week....

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect