News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Thresher fishing

Started by Chris, June 06, 2022, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

My camera angle ended up not being the best but slowly getting better/ more consistent with recording.

We released 6 on this outing. I think had 8 strikes, I know I missed one.
Dale had my dad and son on his skiff and we buddy boated. Largest was the last one, it looks 12ft but dale said just over 10. My little guy I put in my lap was probably 3ft to the fork....

https://youtu.be/Dr2ASWKAXD8
Keep it tight

sasquatch

Latimeria

That is bad ass Chris!  Well done guys and with everyone running out to get some BFT, You got the Mr. T's all to yourself.   8) 8) 8) 8)

Great video.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

Quote from: Latimeria on June 06, 2022, 03:46:36 PM
That is bad ass Chris!  Well done guys and with everyone running out to get some BFT, You got the Mr. T's all to yourself.   8) 8) 8) 8)

Great video.

Yea, not many boats out but the ones there paid us a visit. We weren't on any structure, set up well away from the kelp to avoid tangles and just picked a line to drift and kinda leap frogged each other when we reset. Boats would be flying by then stop and start fishing next to us like it was a known spot. One guy at the end of our session was cruising at about 25 mph in a big center console, saw my dad hooked up and came in, got right in the chum slick and had all his occupants tossing live sardines in all directions.... I drover over and told him he's parked right in our chum slick and he asked "what's a chum slip? Is that like a spot?" Told him chum slick and he insisted he'd never heard of chum. Then I told him the boat was hooked up to a big thresher and he's too close and he said "oh you're thresher fishing? He has one on?" And then didn't even move, just sat there watching until it was released. I probably would have really lost my cool if it had taken off and tangled them or got cut off.
Keep it tight

vdisney

Awesome video, perfect way to start my morning.......
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect